About LYRDB Web Services
When LYRDB was born, three innovative goals were in mind:
- To the user, to be eficient, effective and just different.
- To the developer, to be open to allow lyrics to be searched programatically for free.
- To everybody, to be the largest lyrics database in the world.
In this page, we'll talk about the second aspect. Nearly all lyrics-enabled software today parses the HTML content pages of the lyrics sites to allow the user to get the requested lyrics (except the software released by the same team as the database, something not very common).
Needless to say that this way of getting the lyrics is not very friendly, to both users and developers:
- For the developers: they have to keep the parsing engine updated to new site changes. Even if the page move an ad to another place in the page, the parsing engine must be updated. That means that your software needs continous updating.
- For the user: they get sometimes garbled results (due to failure of the parsing).
We offer free access to our database to make searches and retrieve lyrics through an HTTP interface. Please read the technical details.